Have you ever...
( I got this from As the Halo Turns who got it from Lammy.)
I have done the ones in green.
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink.
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain. (part of one)
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive.
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid.
06. Held a tarantula.
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone.
08. Said 'I love you' and meant it.
09. Hugged a tree.
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise.
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game.
16. Been to the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
18. Touched an iceberg
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby's diaper (had three in diapers at the same time.)
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Gotten drunk on champagne.
24. Given more than you can afford to charity.
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment.
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can.
32. Held a lamb.
33. Seen a total eclipse.
34. Ridden a roller coaster.
35. Hit a home run.
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was watching.
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day.
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment.
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states (been to 26 of them)
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk.
42. Had amazing friends [still do]
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched wild whales
45. Stolen a sign
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow (milked a goat)
56. Alphabetized your cds
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Posed nude in front of strangers
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party.
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days.
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an "expert"
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music
87. Eaten shark
88. Gone to a movie by yourself.
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently
95. Performed in Rocky Horror.
96. Raised children [still doing it]
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
98. Created and named your own constellation of stars
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived.
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds.
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Petted a stingray
110. Broken someone's heart.
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone.
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours.
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Petted a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad and the Odyssey
135. Selected one "important" author who you missed in school and read (LOTS!)
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146: Dyed your hair
147: Been a DJ
148: Shaved your head
149: Caused a car accident
150: Saved someone's life
i might steal this one!
as soon as i get curtains back up.
fern has switched to the new blogger, didn't tell me and now i cannot access the publishing part.
rrrrrrrrr - it's curtains for him!
That one is a fun little blog item.
i just saw!
i have linked this post!
glitch - i haven't yet posted it...
What happens if you have actually DONE ALL of these things? I have a list of my own that may express a southern attitude ;-)
1. ever eaten Cheetoes and Vienna Sausages for supper
2. set your carbureator on fire
3. consumed a squirrel over a camp fire
4. soaped your gas tank
5. been arrested for vagrancy
6. mixed Southern Comfort and Tequila
7. built an outhouse
8. wore your "sunday best" jeans and flannel shirt to a funeral
9. been in a bar with no windows
10. been to the Alamo
11. grown and eaten your own chickens
12. took a .22 after crows
13. built a bonfire with a tractor and a chainsaw
14. lost money on The Cowboys
15. had "chocolate gravy" for breakfast
16. gone 'skinny dipping'
17. howed weeds in a cotton field
18. howed up a rattlesnake at the same time
19. took a how after the rattlesnake
20. had five different friends with the same nickname
_ and the list can go on_
P.S., no, it should not be construed that I have done ALL the things in the first list, although I have done quite a number of them. It just seems to me that all of these types of lists convey a certain viewpoint, and I just wanted to entertain the idea that other things can be done before one goes into "mid-life crisis shock." Cheers to all!
So, list the ones in green that you have done from my list.
Can't say that I have ever done any of those exact things.
I have, however:
1-eaten collard greens;
2-watched someone make pickled watermelon rinds;
3-participated in making a big ole' pot of molasses;
4-have a can of "canned" road kill; 5-made pancakes starting with a bucket of wheat;
6-heated an apartment by leaving the oven door open;
7-heated a mobile home with karosene;
8-caught "lightnin' bugs";
9-chased deer out of my backyard;
10-chased a cow out of my front yard;
11-been sprayed by a skunk;
12-watched a tractor pull;
13-skinned a deer;
14-eaten deer jerkey;
15-knew a guy name "Smiley Joe";
eaten vienna sausages?
things that make you go:
Don't like vienna sausages, eh, Nanc?
I can only take them in very light moderation...once in a blue moon.
The proper combination is BEER + vienna sausages + some form of hot sauce.
I am guessing that the hot sauce is to drown out the taste of the other two ;)
Heck no. Salsa, peppers, Louisiana red sauce, Picante....all of these things are consumed in prodigious amounts regardless of what the main course is, in this part of Texas at any rate. Hot sauce is considered a major food group and no self-respecting Texan would dream of presenting a meal without some on the table.
We had some guys from India stay with us a few years back. We had a difficult time trying to find things they could eat (since they couldn't eat meat.)
One night we had had chips and salsa. Then next night we served pancakes. We showed them how to pour the syrup on the pancakes and they looked at us like...ick...that is just too sweet. Then one of them asked if he could have that salsa stuff from the night before on his pancakes.
He has since moved to the United States and buys a bag of pancake mix and a jar of salsa...he tells his family...this is what they eat over here.
Post a Comment