The end of the school year
- Kindergarten invited the parents to come and watch their students show their new academic skills and then eat lunch with their student.
- Fourth grade had a "wax musem" to show a famous person they had learned about.
- Elementary school had a student of the month luncheon.
- Elementary school had a literacy night so that we could listen to our kids recite their poetry.
- Elementary school had a concert at the high school so that each grade could perform a song they had worked on throughout the school year.
- Middle school had a band concert.
- High school had a bell choir concert.
- High school had a concert band/symphonic band concert.
- High school had a jazz band concert.
- Piano teacher had a recital.
- Baseball games were held twice a week.
- Oh, and high school graduation is June 3rd. Thankfully it is in June...but just barely.
You have nine kids in your house?
You are a living saint, my friend!
Brooke, 5 of them are my own kids and the rest are 3 nieces and a nephew who are in our custody....long story.
btw...I always say, "my halo is held up with horns." ;)
...Count your blessings if YOU don't have to provide the requisite driver training. In MD, they make parents provide 40 hours worth...
FJ, we DO have to provide about that...though it might only be 30 hours. We did that with our oldest one and I trust that kid to drive our big 15 seater van now.
Growing up in California, my Gym Coach had the honors of driving around with me... ;-)
I can imagine, Kelly. There seems to be one in every family.
kelly - your house sounds an awful lot like my own and we have only two teens!
i cannot wait for friday to come - next week we go to the cabin where i'm sure the grass is armpit high and the first weekend will be just yardwork in the daytime and staring at the stars and admiring the silence at night.
here's to the dust settling - and soon!
nanc, school gets out for us next week and they don't all get out on the same day. I think there are 4 different last days of school for my gang.
I just found your lovely site, being as it were, currently addicted to Anne and Gilbert stuff!
So in question about your blog, if it's been pretty cold this summer, dare I hope for some snow next April in Utah, when my family and I will hopefully be visiting. Or if not April, October. I've never seen real snow. Such a shame really. :)
Renee...hey, fellow Anne fan!!
Thanks for stopping by.
As for snow in Utah...in April there is still snow in the mountains usually and they are quite close if you are coming to the Salt Lake, Provo or Ogden areas.
When do you have time to blog, Kelly dear???
late at night or early in the morning....
Post a Comment